|GET TERRY'S BOOK AND READ IT. IT'S AN AMAZING STORY.
CLICK HERE GET THE BOOK
|HELP US MAKE THE MOVIE OF TERRY'S STORY
CLICK HERE TO LEARN MORE AND SUPPORT THE EFFORTcL
FAQs About Terry's Case
To avoid ambiguity and the endless postulating on many sites, we will maintain a short list of FAQs to keep readers updated on Terry's case and actions.
Terry's Status: Terry is current working as a doctor and happy to be back at work.
The Trust: Terry can never recover all he has lost financially or personally. The generous contributions by so many helped his family during his incarceration. It is Terry's desire the all those who supported him purchase his book. Any ongoing contributions to the Trust will be used for future projects in which Terry participates.
Terry's Discharge: As of November 16, 2011, Terry has recieved his DD214 which is his official discharge from the Army.
- Terry's Job Status: Terry is in his second rotation of work in an urgent care clinic with one week on, one week off rotations. He is very happy to be back at work seeing patients. The clinic is stressful as a pre-emergency facility, but at least he's not in imminent danger from enemy fire! He is living in a old motor home during his time at work and returning home for the week off. That is, until they can sell their house.
- Why the Trust is Raising Money: Terry took a stand that not one representative, judge, or agency has been willing to investigate in spite of growing evidence on multiple issues. Terry did this without influence from others. In doing so he lost his income and retirement and spent five months in prison. If you believe the eligibility issue is critical to this country's future, then Terry's actions are deserve your support. He paid a big price for our future freedom and in defense of our Constitution.
- Concerning Air Force Staff Sergeant Daryn Moran: Recently Daryn Moran has released media indicating his decision to refuse to report for duty because of the lack of evidence for Obama's eligibility. Please note that neither the Trust nor Terry have communicated with nor influenced Moran in any way. One of the most stringent requirements of UCMJ is that no soldier may actively persuade another to abandon his post. We invite you to read the articles at BIRTHERREPORT.COM. You will see, like Terry, that SSgt Moran made this decision on his own and without influence or persuasion.
- Concerning Civil Lawsuits: Under the current law regarding soldiers/officers, Terry does not have grounds for a civil lawsuit.
- Concering the Efforts of the Trust: Terry's actions and work of the trust helped start the Birther Summit (www.birthersummit.org) a number of other websites, has assisted other key players with research, technical advice, and promotion, and has built a strong, loyal following (3000+ mailing list, robust FB/TW sites), along with facilitating communication between many of the key players. In addition, it's kept Terry out of prison and made sure his message and appearances do not venture out of the safe zone. To say that the organization the represents the only person willing to take the kind of stand Terry did, and the results of that organization's work, is passé is simply not true.
- Concerning Terry's Involvement in the Eligibility Issue: We are working on post dismissal strategy. I have explained, until he is formally dismissed he cannot behave any differently than when he was on duty. His initial concerns have not changed. For now, there are many others pursuing the legislative and investigative issues. Terry's action started the ball rolling, now many others are pushing it along. He'll be back after his dismissal and when the time is right.
- Concerning the Oaths Taken by Officers and Enlisted:
The Oath for Enlisted Persons:
"I, (NAME), do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God."
The Oath for Commissioned Officers:
"I, (state your name), having been appointed a (rank) in the United States (branch of service), do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the office upon which I am about to enter. So help me God."
Both are sworn to defend the Constitution. Officers are given authority to execute their office.
- Concerning Terry's Medical Licenses. Terry's Maryland and Colorado licenses are active. He is applying for licenses in a couple of other states in which he's been offered potential employment. His application in a third state is going well and is being processed (a 90 day cycle).
- Concerning Appeals: The process has begun to accelerate Terry's discharge and skip the appeals for now (there is a secondary process that can optionally be pursued at a later date). His charges remain. Terry will receive a formal dismissal which is customary for officers involved in a court martial. This expected to conclude in late October or early November. The appeals were waived because Terry and his advisers felt that nothing would be changed by the appeals and it would instead waste much time and money on Terry's part and the government. That was the sole basis. As of mid-August Terry is expecting the discharge process to be completed by early November.
- The Trust Fund:· The Terry Lakin Action Fund continues to actively pursue its mission of providing monthly household income for Terry and his family and work to keep his case and sacrifice in the news as so many pursue the issue of eligibility. In addition some funds have been used to prepare the book and related administrative work.
- Concerning Ongoing Support: Terry and the Trust ask supporters to continue with active contributions at least through November or until his employment situation changes. Remember, in taking this action in defense of the Constitution he not only gave up his salary, and pension, but he also spent almost all their savings on the initial legal costs. Though Terry may begin employment in September, his first pay checks won't arrive until November. In addition, they've continued to use their remaining savings.
- Political Office: Many have suggested Terry run for office, even president. A presidential campaign is not realistic at this time. However, he is interested in running for a future office and we are researching possible elections in which he would be able to mount a working and winning campaign. This will be reviewed once Terry has settled in a new position (in another state) and the political landscape is surveyed.
- Books and Media: Terry's book is nearly complete, all the vignettes written, and about most of the essays submitted. We have a great cover as well. The publication date will be adjusted to reflect Terry's formal dismissal. Why? Since he is still "in the army" he cannot publish a book under military guidelines. The same is true of media. Terry will continue to appear on select radio shows to discuss his experiences and interest in the Constitution. The first draft is being reviewed and initial responses are very positive. Currently we are looking at a Feb/March release.
- Concerning the Long Form (supposed) Certificate: Many of Terry's critics has accused him, in retrospect, of making a foolish decision. We remind those critics that when Terry first pursued this issue the public had been told that the COLB was all there was. Then magically, under pressure, another document surfaces. The reality is that no matter how many times some story says, "In spite of overwhelming evidence to the contrary.." there really is no evidence. At least none that would be acceptable to even apply for a driver's license. This document has further been debunked by so many experts we've lost count.
- Concerning Terry's Decision:· Many of the blogs and site opposing Terry's actions have repeatedly accused him of being manipulated or used as pawn. Let's put this to rest. The decision Terry made to invite his own court martial was his and his alone. Everyone, including the attorneys, cautioned him to reconsider.
- Concerning Claims of Racism: We get a steady stream of mail claiming that Terry's actions were based on racist motives. Here are some examples: "I suggest you wrap your brain around the fact that we have a black president. Obviously chromosome missing individuals, such as yourself, have a hard time with that." Or, "I'm very respectfully writing to inquire why you're still insisting on progressing this hateful, racist nonsense? Surely, someone as smart as you should realize that even a crazy racist notion like "the president isn't American!!!!" should be left for dead after he shows racist morons, such as yourself, his birth certificate." They are always the same message with no rational argument. Terry's actions were based solely on the defense of the constitution and nothing else. These individuals ignore the fact that Terry's direct statements in video and print as well as the record of trial indicate no racist motives whatsoever. They also ignore all the overwhelming amount of evidence that points to something being amiss when it comes to presidential eligibility.
- Terry's Involvement in the Eligibility Issue: While pursuing his appeals he is under the same standards as he was as an active officer (technically he is on a appellate leave). However, his original statements still stand and he desires to see eligibility requirements for offices at all levels be codified and required. As he said on his video, "The Constitution matters. The truth matters." Terry will be participating in various radio shows and public events to express his support for the defense of the Constitution.
- Concerning the Birther Summit:· So many have worked so hard on this issue. The Trust has assisted the Summit with technical support because we feel it is time for all involved parties to gather and form a single, clear message that the public can understand and act upon. And then take that message to our elected officials. http://www.birthersummit.org.