|GET TERRY'S BOOK AND READ IT. IT'S AN AMAZING STORY.
CLICK HERE GET THE BOOK
Rev. Manning: Bold Defender
Dr. Manning has approached with vigor many issues the are critical to our culture and future.
Rev. Manning's Website· http://atlahmedianetwork.org
James David Manning is chief pastor at the ATLAH World Missionary Church on 123rd Street in New York City. Manning grew up in Red Springs, North Carolina, and has been at ATLAH since 1981. ATLAH stands for All The Land Anointed Holy, which is God's name for Harlem.
Manning graduated from The College of New Rochelle with a Bachelor of Arts degree and continued on to Union Theological Seminary in the City of New York where he was awarded a Master of Divinity. Manning also holds a Doctor of Philosophy degree from the ATLAH Theological Seminary, an unaccredited educational institution.
- Pastor Manning is the husband of the Wonderful Elizabeth Sarah Manning, as well as a father and grandfather.
- Author of 70 Letters to ATLAH, published by Welstar Publishing in 1992; The Oblation Hour, published by Publish America, LLP in 2006.
- Newest Ministries - The Temple Hour of Prayer 29 May 2008; and The Manning Report 25 August 2008.
- ATLAH Men's Business Association: Vibrant men's group established in 2003.
- ATLAH Superior: Started as a group of 70 women in 2003 for the establishment of a specialty food service supermarket in ATLAH, New York.
- ATLAH Theological Seminary: Established in 1994 as an adult-education, Bible, business, and social studies institution.
- ATLAH World Ministries: Established in 1992 as an 1/2 hour Christian teaching radio, expanded to a weekly TV broadcast heard on several networks, and currently on YouTube and several other venues.
- Great Tomorrows Elementary/Middle School and ATLAH High School: The school was established in 1994 for the purpose of educating young people from elementary to high school focused upon a private Christian based curriculum education founded on the M.A.D. Curriculum.
- Attended Oxford Round Table at St. Antony's College in the University of Oxford ,16 August 2004
Manning is fiercely opposed to the gentrification of Harlem and calls for its residents to boycott its shops, restaurants, doctors, banks and churches. That action, combined with a general rent strike, would force all property owners out of Harlem, he said, leaving the neighborhood to its rightful inheritors: black people. Manning calls his plan "No Dew, Nor Rain," after Elijah's warning to Ahab, king of Israel, of a coming drought. "When there's no dew, no rain, there's a drought - there's all kinds of suffering," said Manning. The whole of Harlem, he said, is to be a "drought zone."
The ATLAH World Missionary Church has become a landmark in Harlem, and the teaching of the church has attracted thousands to the light; it brings to a once forsaken community.
His congregation, "ATLAH Worldwide Missionary Church" is the former Bethelite Missionary Baptist Church. The church is also the site of the ATLAH Theological Seminary, where "the renowned and educationally astute Honorable James David Manning, PhD" offers classes on preaching and prophecy.